+1-415-800-8147 Superb Wine Country Tours with San Francisco's top-rated Wine Tour provider. Fun, informative & relaxing Tours with SF's 'BIG FUN' tour company.
'Must know' san francisco
- BRING A JACKET! It can be foggy & cold year round, don't leave home without a jacket!
- BOOK ALCATRAZ! Tickets can be hard to come by, so book your Alcatraz tour ASAP!
- MAKE RESERVATIONS! Popular restaurants are busy year round (read below for some of our favorites).
- BRING WALKING SHOES! There are lots ... and i mean LOTS, so bring comfortable shoes!
- NEED DIRECTIONS? San Franciscans are friendly - don't hesitate to ask!
- SFPD ARE FANTASTIC: They will gladly help with directions or with assistance if needed!
Our Favorite Local Restaurants
Cafe Mason - Mason, between Geary & O'Farrell - cool thing about this place is it's open 24hrs!!
Honey Honey - corner of Post & Taylor (yellow building) breakfast/lunch/dinner - good food, good atmosphere.
Shalimar - Jones, between Geary and O'Farrell - dive restaurant, great Indian food cheap!
Ryoko's - Taylor St @ Post - great sushi.
Katana-ya - Japanese hotspot, open late.
Mama's - fantastic breakfast
Hollywood Cafe - good breakfast spot, heaps of fruit on almost every plate
Epic Roasthouse - steakhouse with a view!
Scoma's - Italian seafood
JACKSON SQUARE/NORTH BEACH:
Kokkari Estiatorio - Greek
Cotogna - Rustic Italian
The House - Asian American
Wayfare Tavern - Tyler Florence's restaurant
Slanted Door - Modern Vietnamese at Ferry Building
Coqueta - Spanish/Mexican
Boulevard - French/New American
La Mar - Peruvian/Seafood
NORTH BEACH (Italian):
North Beach Restaurant - Italian
Sotto Mare - Osteria and Seafood
The Yellow Submarine - Marc and Paul grew up with Jack and Eli and have been eating at their mom's sub shop in the inner Sunset since childhood, and they still make the best subs around, hands down (in our humble opinion)!
City View - Dim Sum
Something that might help you get around is joining a car-share company before you visit. I use Enterprise Car Share ($6hr for cars - gas & insurance included), and ZipCar is another option. It makes it easier to get to places like Golden Gate Park, Cliff House, Twin Peaks, Haight Ashbury or even Muir Woods & Monterey/Carmel and you can avoid paying overnight parking at your hotel.