San Francisco Tips
- BRING A JACKET! It can be foggy and cold year-round; don’t leave home without a jacket!
- BOOK ALCATRAZ! Tickets can be hard to come by, so book your Alcatraz tour ASAP!
- MAKE RESERVATIONS! Popular restaurants are busy year-round (read below for some of our favorites).
- BRING WALKING SHOES! There are lots — and I mean LOTS — of sites to see, so bring comfortable shoes!
- NEED DIRECTIONS? San Franciscans are friendly — don’t hesitate to ask!
- SFPD ARE FANTASTIC! They will gladly help with directions or with assistance if needed!
Favorite Local Eats
Cafe Mason – The coolest thing about Mason, located between Geary & O’Farrell, is it’s open 24 hours!
Honey Honey – On the corner of Post & Taylor (yellow building), serving breakfast/lunch/dinner — good food, good atmosphere.
Epic Roasthouse – steakhouse with a view!
Scoma’s – Italian seafood
Slanted Door – Modern Vietnamese at Ferry Building
Coqueta – Spanish/Mexican
Boulevard – French/New American
La Mar – Peruvian/Seafood
The Yellow Submarine – Marc and Paul grew up with Jack and Eli and have been eating at their mom’s sub shop in the inner Sunset since childhood, and they still make the best subs around, hands down (in our humble opinion)!
City View – Dim Sum
Twenty Five Lusk